Our Promise to our Guests (Covid-19)
Our Promise to our Guests (Covid-19)
I hope you and your families are all safe and well.
We wish to thank you sincerely for your support and trust throughout these exceptionally challenging times and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hardiman from July 17th, 2020.
Our commitment to providing memorable experiences with safety at the forefront has never been stronger and we will continue to work in providing the highest health and safety standards to ensure your peace of mind and comfort.
Our specially appointed Covid-19 response team are carefully monitoring the situation and are continuously adopting advice from the HSE, the Irish Government, the WHO, health and safety professionals around the world and best practices from experts in the hospitality industry. We are committed to ensuring that all of our guests are given our genuine, warm, and caring welcome and we will continue to monitor any changes to this situation.
In partnership with our Health, Safety and Hygiene consultants, we have developed an industry leading protocol which will assist us in protecting the safety of our guests and work colleagues. A summary of our initiatives in this regard are as follows;
1. Physical distancing. Guests will be advised to practice physical distancing by standing at least 2 metres away from other groups of people not travelling with them, while standing in lines, using lifts or moving around the property. Restaurant tables and other physical layouts will be arranged to ensure appropriate distancing is adhered to. We will offer alternative check-in and check-out options, parking and housekeeping services tailored to guests’ needs and comfort
2. Hand Sanitizer and Handwashing. Hand sanitizer dispensers, touchless where possible, will be placed at key guest and employee entrances and contact areas such as reception desks, restaurants entrances, event and conference rooms, lift lobbies, bathrooms, etc. All members of our team will wash their hands with bacterial soap at regular intervals while on duty and in addition they will use hand sanitizer each time they used shared products or equipment.
3. Front of House Signage. There will be health and hygiene reminders throughout the property including physical distancing floor markers.
4. Covid 19 Training. All employees will receive training on Covid 19 safety and hygiene protocols with comprehensive training for our teams with frequent guest contact including our team members working in Housekeeping, Food & Beverage, Reception, Spa and other Hotel Operational departments.
5. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Appropriate PPE will be worn by all employees based on their role and responsibilities. Training on how to properly use and dispose of all PPE will be mandatory. Gloves will be provided for housekeeping and public area attendants and any other employees in direct contact with guests. Cotton masks will be provided for all employees. Those not in a position to adopt social distancing rules will be mandated to wear them.
6. Cleaning Products and Protocols. We have elevated our sanitation of bedrooms and removed all nonessential items such as magazines, decorative pillows and paper products.
7. Public / Shared Area Cleaning. Dedicated employees will sanitize all public areas regularly. We have increased our frequency of cleaning and disinfection of all areas with special attention to high touch points in line with recommendations from WHO and CDC. All linen is laundered to temperatures above 60 degrees.
8. Restaurants & Bars. Bars, restaurants and leisure facilities have been rearranged to adhere to social distancing measures and our team have implemented new reservation procedures
9. Temperature monitoring systems have been implemented for our team and each team member will have their temperature checked when coming on duty.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Galway and hope that you and your families stay safe during this time.
Táimid ag tnúth le fáilte a chur romhat go luath
The Hardiman General Manager
HARDIMAN IMPORTANT NOTICE - updated 13th October 2020
The Hardiman is temporarily closed due to level 3 restrictions.